Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Travel to the Holy Land Movie

When we watched the movie "Battle of the holy land" I noticed how scary it must seem to have people all around you with guns, and it seem like there were always people watching your every move. I found it sad how the men just went into people homes and attacked people. When the little boy was killed it seemed unfair and unjust. I never really understood why the kids got killed. I thought the movie was interesting because in our culture thats not something we undergo and see every day, but to these people, having men carry around guns is typical. To travel to the holy land would be a scary experience but to some people it is something they have always wanted to do, and fight for this sacred land. I can't imagine how those women felt having their loved ones go on this journey, to battle for the land, and know that their loved ones might never come back. I liked how the women seemed to have a particular bond between them, and it seemed that they prayed for each other's loved ones; whether it be for their sons or for their husbands.

Some parts of the movie seemed like a nightmare that you could have, where you wake up afterwards and realized it never happend; but this was not a nightmare, and this stuff does really happen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I agree completely. I can't believe that these people can just sit and watch because there is really nothing that they can do. I could not imagine having to watch my children be used as suicide bombers knowing that it was the end and that I would never see them again. The mothers do have an understanding for each other but if I were a mother I am not sure that I would be able to even speak about the horrible things that are asked of my children and husband. I also don't understand why this fight is being fought with the use of children. They are so innocent to this whole mess and have no words within it. I know that we have had peace treaties but they always seem to fail and someone doesn't keep there word. Im not sure that there really is a solution to this without it being these people who come up with it.I would hope to see someone someday say wow this is not worth it and why are we really doing this. I just don't see how certain parts of the world can move past things and yet other parts its a war and using children is ok.

mike said...

I agree also with what you said. But at the same time, we live in America and we have everything so easy. There in the Holy Land or in places like Africa, they have to fight for survival. I think that if I had a child and lived in the Holy Land, I would think of it as an honor if he went to go fight for what he believes, but if he was going to be a suicide bomber things would totally be different. I don't understand how people can go and blow themselves up in a huge crowd. I know that people have beliefs and also know people that take their beliefs seriously, but they would never go to an extreme like that. I just don't understand how people can go blow themselves up.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.