Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Projects
When I began the search for my information on the Taj Mahal, I started to discover some really interesting information. I didnt even know that it was considered as one of the seven wonders of the world! I understand now why it is. The Taj is an amazing structure, not just of beauty but also of mystery. Back in the 16th century, many important things happened. Emperor Shah Jahan was named "King of the World" and Mumtaz Mahal was given her title as the Kings wife. She promised him many children and to his behalf, they had 14 kids! Soon after the 14th child was born, Mumtaz passed away; this tragedy tore the kings heart apart, and left him grieving for a little over two years. The only way he could gain back his strength and be at rest, was to build the Taj Mahal, in memory of his beautiful wife, Mumtaz Mahal. I learned about the characteristics of the Taj, and it's importance today in Hindu and Islamic faith, and why so many people take pilgrimages there. One pilgrimage that I found interesting was the Taj Marathon. In September 2008, the Taj will be hosting it's marathon for peopel who want to experience the Taj run. This is not your average marathon run, because temperatures are so high in the heat index, you have to be in good shape to be able to keep up! I enjoyed researching and learning about this sacred site, and gained knowledge about this beautiful structure. I would love to travel and take my own pilgrimage to this site and experience the mystery of the Taj
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment